« Home | Tough Decisions in Venture Capital » | Its All About Perspective » | Weekend of Fun » | Public Transport Nightmare » | Discussion of Cerberus purchasing Chrysler » | Random ramblings about today » | Into The Real World Now » | The Power of Proactivity » | The Biggest Problem with India » | India Hot Hot for VC activity » 

Sunday, June 10, 2007 

Summer of the Third Sequels


Has anybody else also noticed the plethora of movies that are releasing or have released this summer that are third of the sequels. Its an amazing coincidence that there are so many of them. Just counting off the top of my head, there are at least six of them.
  • Shrek the Third
  • Pirates of the Caribbean 3
  • Spiderman 3
  • Rush Hour 3
  • Bourne Ultimatum
  • Oceans Thirteen
Then theres also Harry Potter, which is not the third, but the fifth. Its awesome. And these are all series whose first two movies were major hits. I can't wait to watch all of them.

Speaking of which, I watched Ocean's Thirteen yesterday. It was pretty good, better than Ocean's Twelve anyways. But I think Ocean's Eleven trumps the thirteen still. What I like about thirteen is that it isn't lame like the twelfth. Also it is filled with detail so that you can watch it over and over again and deduce more about the plot, just like the eleven. You couldnt do that in the twelfth. Even though there were multiple twists in the story line in Ocean's Twelve, it wasnt filled with detail that gets used later in the movie and you make the 'Ah!' connection when you see it again.

Warning: Spoiler ahead.
What I like about eleven better than thirteen is that they sweep clean. At the end of the movie, there is very little incriminating evidence if any. In this one they leave many at the end. George Clooney tells Al Pacino that he can't come after Clooney because "All the guys you know, I know. And they like me better". Well yes, except for the police. Which will come, since you've left so much evidence behind. All that said and done, its still a thoroughly entertaining movie and one I expect to watch again.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Indyman
  • From Seattle, WA, United States
  • I am a Risk Management Consultant at KPMG. Before this, I was an Investment Associate at University Venture Fund in Salt Lake City, UT. My personal interests are in venture capital, private equity, technology, real estate, entrepreneurship, investing, stocks, india, patriotism, mumbai, hanoi, vietnam and life in the united states.
  • My profile
  • Email me

Archives

  • Harsha
  • Hrishi
  • Mike
  • Neha
  • Nitya
  • Saurav
  • Smitha
  • Suraj
  • Thanh
  • Thao
  • -->

    Other Blogs

  • My Utah Homepage
  • My OWU Homepage
  • My trip to Viet Nam in 2005 (OWU Team blog)
  • Blogger Templates
  • TravelPod
  • Google Blog
  • Offstumped
  • -->
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates

    Visitors since December 2005