« Home | With great busy-ness comes great drudgery » | When all else fails, try a little Gelassenheit » | I think Windows Media Center rocks!!! » | Happy Diwali » | How Indian am I? » 

Saturday, November 19, 2005 

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

So about 10 of us went for the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie today evening (it just released yesterday). We went about an hour early so we can be ahead in the line to get in, but no! we were already late! Can you believe it? Getting there an hour early and we were one of the last ones in the line. So when we got into the theater, only the crappy front row or side seats with bad angle were available. People in the line were there with blankets and were eating and playing cards and it seemed as if they had been camping there for a night or so (i am sure they werent)!

The movie was good. I, like other reviews, also thought that the movie was the best out of all Harry Potter movies so far. Most of the scenes in the movie were exactly what I had imagined when I had read the book. Especially the beginning where the person/caretaker is boiling a pot of tea and sees a light on in the house across from his and goes to checkout the 'miscreant' kids when actually it is Voldemort with wormtail in the room. And then the snake passes by the caretaker who is watching the scene from outside the room and tells Voldemort that the caretaker is outside in Parseltongue. Then later on, when Harry and Voldemort spar in the cemetery just after Voldemort gets reincarnated in human form. Also his looks and features when he gets reincarnated. Everything is the same as I had imagined. And overall they have done an awesome job of seaming together the computer graphics and actual filming. You can only tell the difference if you are sitting there watching for it. Its very seamless.

One major thing that left me disappointed though, is that when I had read the book, Harry potter and the others are still in my head as 13-14 year olds. So seeing the grown-up characters was a bit unrealistic. But I dont know what else they could've done as casting some one other than Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson (Hermione) and Rupert Grint (Ron) would have been pretty drastic as well (even more than watching them so much older)! If I were to rate it, I think I'd rate it a 3.75/5.

About me

  • I'm Indyman
  • From Seattle, WA, United States
  • I am a Risk Management Consultant at KPMG. Before this, I was an Investment Associate at University Venture Fund in Salt Lake City, UT. My personal interests are in venture capital, private equity, technology, real estate, entrepreneurship, investing, stocks, india, patriotism, mumbai, hanoi, vietnam and life in the united states.
  • My profile
  • Email me

Archives

  • Harsha
  • Hrishi
  • Mike
  • Neha
  • Nitya
  • Saurav
  • Smitha
  • Suraj
  • Thanh
  • Thao
  • -->

    Other Blogs

  • My Utah Homepage
  • My OWU Homepage
  • My trip to Viet Nam in 2005 (OWU Team blog)
  • Blogger Templates
  • TravelPod
  • Google Blog
  • Offstumped
  • -->
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates

    Visitors since December 2005