« Home | The Power of Proactivity » | The Biggest Problem with India » | India Hot Hot for VC activity » | Deadly Mumbai Local Trains » | Condolences for Virginia Tech Shootout Victims » | The Case of Increasing Carry on New Funds » | Private Equity & Venture Capital Blogs » | Keeping Up To Date in the Private Equity World » | Beautiful day to get things accomplished » | Is the Satisfaction of Doing a Few Things Enough? » 

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 

Into The Real World Now

I am glad to announce that I have left the safe cocoon of academia behind (at least for a few years now) and plunged into the real world!

I have been absent from the blogosphere lately. OMG!!! I havent posted anything for more than two weeks now. I've been very busy working towards my final exam and projects. On May 4th, I graduated with a Master's in Computer Science. Its been a great experience, a roller coaster ride most times. I learned a lot during the last two years and feel very different from when I graduated with my bachelor's, only two years ago. I feel a desire to go out and do something. I have a job that starts in August. I have a million ideas of things I want to do. Business ideas I want to start a company with. Social organizations I want to start or join or work with. Things and methodologies I want to learn. Books I want to read. I'm already overwhelmed.

I have the summer ahead of me. I have talked to a few places for an internship, but am not sure what if anything is going to work out. If something does work out, great I'll get paid to live over the summer. If I don't, thats fine too for now. I can invest my time in working on a business idea. I will also continue working on deals at the Venture Fund. Yesterday and today, I sat at the fund trying to get the startup going, but accomplished very little. There is so much that needs to be planned and so much that needs to be done. I feel so shackled because I feel things move slowly. I need to be more patient and wait for a few months while I continuously work away on the idea to actually start doing business.

In the meanwhile, I just returned from Omaha, NE from Berkshire Hathaway's annual shareholder meeting. Sadly, I am not rich enough to be a shareholder yet, but some day will definitely be. Its shares are currently trading at $108,500 for the BRK.A share and $3618 for the BRK.B share (which is 1/30th of the A stock). It was held at the Qwest Center and it was packed with 30,000 people, all there to hear pearls of wisdom from Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger. It was a great experience overall because I felt so motivated. I wish I can be like Buffett some day, own a large, successful company that is revered by so many around the world.


Tagged: , ,

About me

  • I'm Indyman
  • From Seattle, WA, United States
  • I am a Risk Management Consultant at KPMG. Before this, I was an Investment Associate at University Venture Fund in Salt Lake City, UT. My personal interests are in venture capital, private equity, technology, real estate, entrepreneurship, investing, stocks, india, patriotism, mumbai, hanoi, vietnam and life in the united states.
  • My profile
  • Email me

Archives

  • Harsha
  • Hrishi
  • Mike
  • Neha
  • Nitya
  • Saurav
  • Smitha
  • Suraj
  • Thanh
  • Thao
  • -->

    Other Blogs

  • My Utah Homepage
  • My OWU Homepage
  • My trip to Viet Nam in 2005 (OWU Team blog)
  • Blogger Templates
  • TravelPod
  • Google Blog
  • Offstumped
  • -->
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates

    Visitors since December 2005