« Home | Ha Noi, the city I miss so much! » | My office in the School of Computing, University o... » | Suraj and Harsha (facing away) at the Diwali funct... » | Salt Lake City Public Library (inside) - funky, eh?  » | Utah mountains - The best snow on earth to ski (Ap... » | Salt Lake City from a plane (from my April visit)  » | How can you understand what your country means to ... » | Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire » | With great busy-ness comes great drudgery » | When all else fails, try a little Gelassenheit » 

Monday, November 21, 2005 

Mumbai

Its sort of funny, I blogged about Ha Noi and that sort of got me thinking about Mumbai. (Also note that both names sort of rhyme...isnt it cool?)... so I went out and searched for blogs about it on technorati. Here is a cool travel blog that a couple from Portland, OR have started (it seems like they're gonna be in Mumbai for three months before they move on to other locations...) pretty cool... some day I'd like to take time off and just travel the world...

Actually, all this got me thinking.. what if I decide to just volunteer with some organization and spend some time in Vnam or some country. I'd really like to do it. But, should I finish my education and get a graduate degree and then go do it, or should I just go next year, take some time (maybe a year) off and then come back and resume studying. I realize that it would take me longer to get established this way. Also, a counter argument goes like, I can start working and take occasional trips during my time off, but that'd so suck since the trip would always be so short. And always like a tourist (eeks!). Oh what fun it'd be to see the world without being a tourist (sort of like the Vnam trip). Hmm...

About me

  • I'm Indyman
  • From Seattle, WA, United States
  • I am a Risk Management Consultant at KPMG. Before this, I was an Investment Associate at University Venture Fund in Salt Lake City, UT. My personal interests are in venture capital, private equity, technology, real estate, entrepreneurship, investing, stocks, india, patriotism, mumbai, hanoi, vietnam and life in the united states.
  • My profile
  • Email me

Archives

  • Harsha
  • Hrishi
  • Mike
  • Neha
  • Nitya
  • Saurav
  • Smitha
  • Suraj
  • Thanh
  • Thao
  • -->

    Other Blogs

  • My Utah Homepage
  • My OWU Homepage
  • My trip to Viet Nam in 2005 (OWU Team blog)
  • Blogger Templates
  • TravelPod
  • Google Blog
  • Offstumped
  • -->
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates

    Visitors since December 2005