« Home | The end of my first semester » | Free Bird ... soon » | Pariksha - A Poem in Marathi » | Worst high school analogies » | The importance of faith in our day to day life » | Dear Mom » | I want to ride a Minsk up country » | Break up » | A knack for solving problems? » | Is something wrong with Yahoo's anti-spam algorithm? » 

Friday, December 16, 2005 

The future of my country, India

One of the truths of my life is: I am obsessed with India. I think, like many other Indians (except Laloo P. Yadav, who can't), I have a say about it and its future. Unfortunately, the government ignores Non Resident Indians (NRIs) and considers us Non Required Indians. We aren't even allowed to vote in the national (prime-ministerial) elections if we live abroad. Its ridiculous!

So a friend, and I have started a blog. Its http://india2go.blogspot.com Its a medium for us non required indians to express our opinions about our country. (We've got nothing against those resident Indians though. They're invited to contribute also. In fact we need them too. To give us the day to day ground reality.)

Basically, its just meant to be a medium for everyone to express where we want to take our country in the future. And hence (at least currently) we intend to make it an open team blog where people who are interested in contributing material towards this area can join up by sending me an email. Lets see how it comes along. I worry moderating might be an issue. But then again, maybe it wont be. Anyways, if you'd like to check it out here

Tagged: , ,

About me

  • I'm Indyman
  • From Seattle, WA, United States
  • I am a Risk Management Consultant at KPMG. Before this, I was an Investment Associate at University Venture Fund in Salt Lake City, UT. My personal interests are in venture capital, private equity, technology, real estate, entrepreneurship, investing, stocks, india, patriotism, mumbai, hanoi, vietnam and life in the united states.
  • My profile
  • Email me

Archives

  • Harsha
  • Hrishi
  • Mike
  • Neha
  • Nitya
  • Saurav
  • Smitha
  • Suraj
  • Thanh
  • Thao
  • -->

    Other Blogs

  • My Utah Homepage
  • My OWU Homepage
  • My trip to Viet Nam in 2005 (OWU Team blog)
  • Blogger Templates
  • TravelPod
  • Google Blog
  • Offstumped
  • -->
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates

    Visitors since December 2005